Interactive : allowing a two-way flow of information between a computer and a computer-user; responding to a user’s input.
We are going to make a presentation, but this time, it will require user input for it to work. We’ll make a quiz.
Lesson Objective : Make a quiz using presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint, Google Slides)
Add questions and 4 possible answers
Add shapes and hyperlink them to relevant slides
Task : World Cup Quiz
1. Open a new presentation and create an introduction slide (slide 1)
2. Add a new slide (slide 2) and add a question and four possible answers.
For the answers, add 4 shapes and add text
3. Add another slides (slide 3). This is the “Correct” slide.
Add a button (shape) and text which will link to the next question.
4. Add another slides (slide 4). This is the “Incorrect” slide.
Add a button (shape) and text which will link back to the previous question.
5. Link the slides
On Google Slides, select the shape you want to link on.
Go to Insert > Link
Enter the slide number that you want to link on. Select that slide and press Apply.
6. Now test the slideshow. Trial correct and wrong answers. Ask someone else to test.
7. Make changes and add more questions
1. I can open Google Sldies
2. I can create slide 1 (Splash Screen)
3. I can create a question slide
4. I can create an “incorrect” slide
5. I can create a “correct” slide
6. I can create at least one link
7. I can create 2 or more links
8. My Quiz has a nice design
9. I have tested the quiz
10. I can make a second question
Linking on MS PowerPoint
Go back to the question slide and select the correct shapes (right click and choose link). Link the shape to the correct slide.
Go back to the question slide and select an icorrect shape (right click and choose link). Link it to the incorrect slide. Do this with all the other 3 incorrect shapes.
Test that it works. Fix any issues that you may have.
Change text colours, fonts and size. Format your shapes, change colours, etc.
Leave a Reply