Do Now! go to timeanddate.com
Go to your home town and explore the weather and find out other facts
Explore famous cities around the world and compare the weather forecasts
Learning Objective / Knowledge Intention: To log data taken from online sources within a spreadsheet.
Unit Objectives: Researching and storing data in a spreadsheet; designing a weather station which gathers and records data; learning how weather forecasts are made and using green screen technology to present a weather forecast.
Learning Outcome / Knowledge Gained : Create a table in a spreadsheet. Search the Internet for information about the weather. Record findings in the spreadsheet
Open a new spreadsheet
Google slides or MS Excel are examples of a spreadsheet
1. Create a table, enter the information as shown below
2. Use the border tool to format the table
3. On timeanddate.com search for your home town
Record the information that you find on your spreadsheet
Find information about more places around the world. Add this information to the spreadsheet.
Add some more fields to your table
You could also include;
- Country Dialling Code
- Time Zone
- + more
- You have have created a table in a spreadsheet using borders
- You have coloured some of the cells
- You have researched entered the records for 5 cities
- You have added 2 or more fields and entered those records too
Leave a Reply