Build and test primary computing skills with different levels of touch type challenges.
Learn and practise
- Type letters in rows
- Type keys on the home row
- Type capital letters, apostrophes, slashes and full stops.
Question: Why is it so important to have good typing skills?
The Big Picture
What have we done? We have been practicing typing using online games such as “Type and Learn” on Digipuzzle. We have also used Microsoft software (Word and PowerPoint) to write poems
What are we doing? We are using an online game called Dance Mat Typing to encourage typing with 2 hands
Where are we going? There are 4 levels, so this is a challenge that could take place over a number of sessions
BBC Bitesize Dance Mat Typing is a fantastic way to learn how to type. Students are encourage to type the letters that appear on the top of the screen.
You can check your progress at the bottom of the screen, i.e. lines typed
Watch the video to help you get started
Remember to use the two hands on the keyboard
If you finish, you can progress to Stages 2 and 3
- Start the computer, find this website and open the link to Dance Mat Typing
- Level 1, Stage 2, Complete the Home Row part.
- Level 1, Stage 2, Complete the G and H part.
- Level 1, Stage 2, Level 1, Part 2
If you are attending the live sessions, you will be asked to tell me how you did.
Room Name : XFUTURE