17th – 21st January : Let’s begin using Scratch Desktop
Introduction to Coding software.
Use a forever loop to make sprite (cat) keeping moving from left to right
Change rotation style so that the cat doesn’t walk on head.
Extra Task : Add letter sprites to make the word, CODING
The Big Picture
What have we done? We have used online coding games on websites such as code.org. We may have also used Scratch Jr.
What are we doing? We are going to get familiar with Scratch, we will use a forever loop to make the sprite walk from one side of the screen to the other
Where are we going? We will make a virtual FishTank and use interactivity
1. Open Scratch Desktop and get familiar with how it works
2. Use a forever loop to make cat move from left to right
3. Change rotation style so that the cat doesn’t walk in his head (see below)
4. Add a background (backdrop)
5. Super: Add sprites, letters, to make up the word, CODING
6. Super: Add more sprites and make them move too.