Adding your own ideas to a text map (innovation)
Lesson Objective : Add your own ideas to a text map based on the the peom, Fish Alive!
Lesson Outcome : Use the text map we made last week and add our own elements to develop an original story.
Unplugged option : Use pen and paper to create a Text Map
The Big Picture
What have we done? We have some practice of using presentation software. Making a visual story / text map (imitation)
What are we doing? We will change the story to our own needs (innovation)
Where are we going? We will eventually write our own story (invention)
In lesson 1, we chose the poem, Fish Alive
Then we made a Text Map
Task : We are going to make our own version of the Fish Alive poem
We are going to add anything we like
1. Open presentation software (such as PowerPoint or Paint).
Note: If you are using an iPad you could use SketchPad
2. Search online for relevant pictures.
3. Paste those pictures to create your own text map of Fish Alive
4. Rearrange the pictures so that you can eventually tell the story in your own way (innovation)
Extension / Move ahead : Open a Word file and write a new version of the story based on your text map. You can be as creative as you like.
1. Students can open presentation software and add at least 5 pictures
2. Students can add 10 or more pictures
3. Students can rearrange the pictures to enable them to write their own story
If you are attending the live sessions, you will be asked to tell me how you did.
Room Name : XFUTURE
Teachers Question : You can write anything about the lesson. It is your chance to feedback to the teacher.